The smoker’s salon was completed during the reconstruction of Castle Wernigerode between 1863 and 1875. It is situated in the place of the former stairwell for the medieval hall. It served gentlemen as a retreat area to enjoy selected tobacco. This can be recognized from the built-in cases intended for the storage of cigars. These cases were designed by the castle architect Carl Frühling.
This room is not freely accessible, but is used for special events and is a popular venue for weddings.
Back to the history overview.